- Awarded only to a fully accepted library science student
- Candidate must show financial need verifiable by the Financial Aid Office of the university.
- This is a scholarship awarded on the promise of outstanding ability and success in the profession of school or public librarianship
- Available to full or part-time students
- Stipend must be used for tuition, books, materials, and supplies for the course of study.
- Entire scholarship will be disbursed in fall semester.
- Amount varies.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 must have been achieved for the previous program of study, undergraduate or graduate if the applicant is a beginning student.
- Continuing students will use the GPA of 3.5 from their previous semesters of library science graduate study.
Note: Past scholarship recipients will continue to receive that scholarship for the duration of their enrollment as long as the minimum academic requirements are met. These students should submit a letter of intent to the scholarship committee indicating their desire to continue the scholarship.